The current impacts from Coronavirus (COVID-19) are, unsurprisingly, creating both uncertainty and a high amount of pressure on the recruitment process.
Naturally, the evolving health emergency is disrupting the traditional aspects of the search processes, but it doesn’t need the stop them. Many companies are modifying their procedures at a dizzying pace. A growing number of companies have started to change their hiring processes and job interviews are now moving online to help work around the current social distancing advice.
We’ve put together a few tips for smooth, successful video interviews:
- Our suggested platforms:
- Google Hangouts
- WhatsApp and Facetime apps also support video calling
- Test your internet connection and computer settings beforehand, do a practise run to test your audio and video
- If a computer or laptop isn’t available, prop your smartphone up to make it stable
- Make sure the device is fully charged and plugged in during the call
- Dress smartly as if you were going to a face-to-face interview
- Ensure you are in a well-lit, private room with a plain background if possible
- Do your research and be ready on time
- Whichever platform you use, make sure your account is up to date to avoid any delays, and that your ID name and photo is changed to something formal
- Introduce everybody who is participating in the video call
- Look into the camera and smile
- When you end the call, ensure you have switched off your camera, audio and closed down the video platform